A few months back, I took a sample from our friends, followers and clients about some very frequently asked questions. From wedding advice, to favorite trends, to biggest regrets- I wanted to share others' stories and advice with those who are currently wedding planning in support of your process! I was given such great wedding advice from long time friends and family that truly made our day perfect, but if you're first in the family to get married, or just simply feel like you need some solid ideas on how to personalize your day, please check out the top 5 must common answers to each of these very important wedding topics below!
Favorite Wedding Trends:
1) Donut Walls
3) Utilizing color
4) Lush florals (give me alllll the bushy greens, too)
5) Unplugged ceremony
Least Favorite Wedding Trends:
1) Non white/ivory dresses
3) Flower crowns
4) Choreographed bridal party dances
5) Fake plants
Favorite Color Scheme:
4) Black & white
Gift Ideas for the Groom:
3) An experience (surprise trip, getaway, activity)
4) Obviously all of my clients wrote "PUPPY"
5) Tina Celona, however, selected "Running Shows" LOL
1) Not taking enough photos or not planning for specific shots in advance
2) Not hanging out with guests afterward/having an after party
3) Not budgeting better
4) Not taking into account food reviews ahead of choosing a caterer
5) Choosing bridesmaids in the moment and not thinking long term
* Paul Sullivan chose "not dancing to Shout"
Best Wedding Advice:
1) The day goes by so fast, do not sweat the little thing! - Nash B
2) Take a few moments to yourselves and enjoy! - Vic M
3) Be present and be with your spouse, at the end of it all the day is about you two! - Steph D
4) Invest in the photos. Besides the marriage, it's the only immortal from that day. - Gab H
5) SMILE!- Nikki A.
Something Blue Idea:
1) Cute ring box
2) Toe nail polish
3) Jewelry! Heirloom preferred!
4) Patch in dress
* Anything sentimental from a loved one lost can be incorporated.
1) Donuts (!!!!)
2) Chocolate covered strawberries
3) Ice cream cake
5) Ice cream
How to stay organized:
1) Invest in a good planner (many votes for Erin Condren)
2) Use WeddingWire!
3) Hire a wedding planner
4) Utilize your supports! MOH, Mom, MIL, etc.
5) Excel (!!!!)
How to make your wedding personal:
1) Straying away from traditions and being true to you
2) Customizing your ceremony
3) Keep the guest list short
4) Doing something different; incorporating live music, culture, etc.
5) Choose a venue that helps tell your story
Whether you are newly engaged, or hoping to be engaged in the near future, Rachel Strangie Photography can cover all of your Massachusetts (North Shore, Boston, South Shore) photography needs and beyond (New England). We work with preferred vendors as well and can make referrals for amazing letterists, florists, hair stylist, make up artists, wedding planners and videographers. Please reach out to us in the form below for a quote!